Reflux in Babies: Challenging the Acid Suppression Paradigm
This event is free from commercial sponsorship by companies associated with the baby feeding industry as stipulated in the WHO International Code of Marketing of Breastmilk Substitutes.
A half day teaching seminar for members of ATTP. It covers
- What reflux is (GOR vs GORD), why it happens and why there has been a surge in the diagnosis of reflux in the last 25 years
- Symptoms which need investigated and common situations which are misdiagnosed
- Acid Levels & Protective mechanisms in the oesophagus during reflux
- Efficacy & Side effects of Treatment
- The causes of “reflux” symptoms & how to resolve them
3.25 CERPS applied for from IBLCE
Sat 24th Apr 2021 09:30 - 13:00
Reflux - Where are we now?
Current Prescribing Rates
|10:45 - 11:00||Questions|
|11:00 - 11:15||Break|
|11:15 - 12:45||
Reflux - Causes & Solutions
Reflux Symptoms - Reflux or something else?
Other causes - Feeding / Co-regulation issues
Impact of Allergy
Providing Solutions for Parents
|12:45 - 13:00||Questions & Discussion|
Buy Why Infant Reflux Matters
All material on this website is provided for educational purposes only. Online information cannot replace an in-person consultation with a qualified, independent International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) or your health care provider. If you are concerned about your health, or that of your child, consult with your health care provider regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.