I am now offering face to face Unsettled Baby Consultations on Fridays at my clinic space in The Little Yoga House & Wellness Centre on the Cregagh Road in Belfast. Consultations on other days will continue to be via zoom. Zoom consultations are available for those who cannot travel or for international consults.
It is both exhausting and very worrying to have an unsettled baby. You may spend much of the day trying to find reasons for the crying, desperately trying to find solutions, or to get some sleep. This can create a cycle of anxiety and worry which can then lead to your baby being even more unsettled.
The unsettled baby consultation looks at the whole picture of what is happening for you and your baby including:
- Feeding Issues (including gas/wind, constipation, mucous in stools, weight gain issues, constant feeding or feed refusal, leaking milk while feeding, or stressful feeding)
- Colic / Excessive Crying
- Queries around Food Sensitivity / Allergy
- Sleep (both baby and you)
- Your Mental Health (managing anxiety / low mood when dealing with a crying baby)
- Co-regulation (how you and your baby are regulating each other's feelings of calm or of anxiety)
- Baby Calming strategies
- Therapeutic Tummy Time
The aim of this consultation is to find possible reasons for your baby's crying, and to concentrate on resolving those issues while also concentrating on your mental health in order to give you a sense of confidence in your ability to calm and regulate your baby so that you can enjoy them and enjoy parenting.
After looking at the symptoms the consultation will focus time on 5 main areas:
1. Feeding Patterns / Feeding Issues (including looking at possible causes of reflux / allergy / GI Upset)
2. Sleep Patterns
3. Unsettled Behaviours / Baby Calming Strategies / Caregiver mental health
4. Therapeutic Tummy Time
5. Building a sense of confidence in parenting your baby
This is an initial 2 hour assessment appointment. After that appointment follow up appointments of 1hour are available to check on the progress of the resolution strategies and to adjust them if necessary.
All material on this website is provided for educational purposes only. Online information cannot replace an in-person consultation with a qualified, independent International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) or your health care provider. If you are concerned about your health, or that of your child, consult with your health care provider regarding the advisability of any opinions or recommendations with respect to your individual situation.