Reflux & My Baby Workshop / Webinar
Reflux is a very common worry for parents, and is often misdiagnosed in babies. Research suggests that only 0.9% of children have GORD (reflux disease), yet many babies are being diagnosed with reflux and this commonly sets them on a cycle of medication. Around 1 in 20 babies are currently prescribed acid suppressants. Many times parents feel uncomfortable with this and would like to understand more about reflux and how to help their baby naturally.
The reflux webinar discusses the following:
- What reflux is and what the research and why there has been a surge in the diagnosis of reflux in the last 25 years
- Symptoms which need investigated and common situations which are misdiagnosed
- What happens in the stomach and the oesophagus during reflux
- What medications do in the body
- Root Causes of Reflux Symptoms and Resolving the Cause
- What a baby needs for correct digestion
- How mum and baby's interactions play a role
- How feeding rhythms affect reflux
- How positioning, latch and other functional issues can cause reflux symptoms
- Other causes of silent reflux
- The role of allergies
The workshop lasts 3 hrs.
It should be noted that the topics discussed are not specific to breastfeeding, but are applicable to all babies, whether feeding at the breast or feeding by bottle, so the workshop is applicable to all babies with reflux.
The latest workshop / webinar was delivered by Zoom and the session was recorded and is now available as an online webinar and can be purchased below. CERPS are available for IBCLCs.
If you would like to arrange a live workshop for a group please contact me.
You can buy a copy of Why Infant Reflux Matters to accompany the webinar here.